We believe a healthy dog is a happy dog! When you adopt a dog or puppy, it is a huge responsibility and you must be prepared for all that is involved with owning a dog. Here are just some tips to help your dog be happy and healthy.
- Feed a well balanced, high quality, species-appropriate diet - NO junk food or junk treats! Need help clearing the junk? Stop on in and we will help! Not sure your pet food is balanced and high quality? Bring in your bag of pet food or the name and we will review your pet's food label with you.
- Stay on top of your god's health by scheduling annual wellness checks with your veterinarian. These are check ups, NOT vaccination visits. Make sure that your pet is receiving time with your vet so that if there is a change in the future your vet is able to catch the changes early on. Be sure to ask us why there's not need to vaccinate your pet every year next time you stop by.
- Keep your dog looking and smelling good! Bathe as needed with gentle shampoos and trim nails regularly. Check your shampoo labels - you may find some yucky stuff in there! Need help with the label? Just bring in your shampoo and we will be happy to review the label with you.
- Have proper identification on your dog. Whether it is a microchip or id tag, please be sure they have something that identifies your pet in the event they get lost.
- Provide proper socialization and force free training. Nature's Feed believes in the importance of creating a positive bond between you and your fur kid. We recommend using a harness versus a pinch collar, choke collar, or a shock collar. Correction-based collars can cause damage to your fur kid both physically and emotionally. We're happy to answer any questions you have!
There are so many other responsibilities when it comes to being a dog owner. If you have questions, please feel free to stop by our store & one of our paws-itively awesome staff members will be happy to answer any questions you might have.