October 1 through the 7th is National Walk Your Dog Week! It's a great time to check-in and make sure that your dog has a healthy routine filled with regular walks.
Here are some reasons why walking your dog is so important...
- Regular walks will lead to less destructive behavior at home
- Walking helps with digestion
- Walking can help with weight management
- It's a physical activity that is gentle on joints
- Walking is a great way to bond with your pup
Don't forget to keep safety in mind when walking your dog. While collars are important and can serve a purpose, the staff at Nature's Feed prefers harnesses over collars when it comes to walking your dog. In addition to a harness being a safe option to prevent injuries such as damage to to your dog's trachea (throat) or neck when pulling. They also allow you to have more control in situations like large crowds, busy roads, or when in coming in close contact with other animals.
We can't wait to see you at Nature's Feed to help you pick out the perfect harness for your pup!